Friday, February 22, 2013

Gender Identiy Vs Sexcual Orientation

So something that has came up throughout my past and to me currently is that when i tell someone im trans they either assume im attracted to men or they ask me if im gay. Now to start off when you ask me if i am gay that confuses the hell out of me. Hypothetically speaking lets say im into men well i just told you that i identify myself as female so if you ask me if im gay i'd say no however you might take it as i am into women because legally standing atm i am male. So asking if im gay or straight is very confusing bc i dont know where i stand in your mind compared to were i stand with my self =P. So save me the confusion and ask if i am into Guys or if im into Women bc then it'll be easier for me to tell you. Sort of... I say sort of basically bc i feel conflicted. I have been with both men and women, however i have never "dated" a man. I feel like theres more of an emotional connection between me and a women but this could be bc i have only had girlfriends and no boyrfriends or maybe its bc girls are more connected to thier emotions or maybe its bc im not really attracted to "gay guys" which unfortauntly the only guys that would be interested in my currently are gay guys lol (i look femme but still obv. male. i'll put up pictures once i get comfortable with my blog but basically my hair is below my ears but above my shoulders and i got my eyebrows waxed/shaped with a slight arch.) When i see men that dont have the "gay vibe" I find my self looking at thier physical features and loveing the way they walk. It seems that im more attracted to men physically but women emotionally. This will probly become more clear down the road of my transition. The main thing i wanted to say in this post (and i hope its helpful to people out there) is that Gender Identiy and Sexcual orientation are two seprete things. Just because you indentify as female doesn't mean that you should be attracted to men and vise versa. I also hope that i didnt offend anyone in this post some how, its really really really early in the morning so i'm becoming more lazy in these post XD <3

No comments:

Post a Comment